April 3rd 2022
This weeks shopping list is from Giant. Giant is starting to become very expensive for me, but they offer options that I can not find at Aldi. Their Produce is also really well kept. Please Note: Dinner is not included in this Meal Prep.
- 1 Cucumbers
- 1 bag of Spinach
- 1 Head of Red Cabbage
- 1-2 Tomatoes depending on size
- 3 Peppers of Choice
- 1 Package of Mini Naan Rounds
- Steel Cut Oats
- Chia Seeds
- Ground Flax Seeds
- 3 Apples (1/2 Apple was used each day. This is reflected in the Macros)
- Granola of Choice
- Liquid of Choice- For Steel Cut Oats. (I use Water)
- 1 Large Quart container of Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 Package of Hummus cups
- 1 Package of Cream Cheese
- Optional Sliced Mozzarella for Naan Sandwich
- 1 Dozen Eggs
- Balsamic Glaze
Breakfast- Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- First start by lining up all of your Jars. I use Mason Jars which you can order here .
- Fill each Jar with 1/4 cup of Steel cut oats
- Next, Fill Each Jar with 1 Tablespoon of Chia Seeds
- Then, Fill each jar with 1 tablespoon of Ground Flax Seeds
- Using an apple slicer, Slice each apple.
- Using a knife, dice each apple slice into cubes
- Evently distribute the apples into each jar
- Top off with Cinnamon
- Add 2/3 cup of Liquid of choice. I use Water.
This week it was cheaper for me to buy the large quart container of Vanilla yogurt instead of the individual cups.
- 1/4 cup of granola
- 1/2 cup of Dannon Vanilla Light and Fit Yogurt
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs
Lunch- Naan Veggie Sandwich
This sandwich was one of the best I have made. I am happy to report that storing it in the 3 compartment containers kept my food fresh all week. Having my items prepared helped me build my sand which at work.
I did not add any lunch meat to my sandwich, but you can add anything you wish.
- First start by preparing your 3 compartment containers. You can order these containers here
- Next, Start by washing your peppers, red cabbage, and cucumber
- Chop your red cabbage, and place that in 1 portion of each container
- On top of the cabbage, evenly distribute the spinach
- Next, Slice your cucumbers
- Lay them on top of your Spinach and Red Cabbage
- In the second portion of your container, add Sliced Tomatoes.
- In the 3rd Portion of your containers add Sliced Peppers.
- To the 3rd portion you can also add 2 oz of Mozzarella Cheese if you wish.
- I sliced my peppers sandwich style.
- This makes it easier to lay on the sandwich.
- On the side of the containers add:
- Individual Hummus Cups
- 1 Table Spoon of Cream Cheese packed in a to go 2oz container
- 2 Sliced of Naan Wrapped in Saran Wrap.
- When you are ready to eat your sandwich, Start by spreading your cream cheese and hummus on both sides of the Naan.
- Then, Layer your sandwich with everything in your 3 compartment container.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- And your sandwich is built!
Please adjust Macros to fit your daily needs. This week I had a Teacher work day, and ate dinner with friends. The Macro Break Down is not for a full day of eating.
- Calories: 750
- Protein: 40g
- Carbs: 90g
- Fiber: 18g
- Sugar: 32g
- Fat: 20g