Let me first start off by saying, I messed up the salad dressing haha! I know right?!?! So to fix my mistake, I just added balsamic vinaigrette to the salad and it tasted great! I was going to try to make this awesome avocado lime salad dressing. But wow, it tasted like butt. SOOOOOOO I will try that again sometime soon!
Besides the Salad dressing, this salad is super easy to put together, and healthy for everyone!
- First, cut up your chicken into strips. This helps them cook faster, and makes them nice and brown.
- Then add the chicken to a warmed skillet. Make sure your stove is on medium heat. A skillet can hold a lot of heat, and you do not want to burn your chicken.
- Add Salt, Pepper, Cumin, a splash of curry powder, and Garlic Powder. I do not have measuring for you. You do you. Start small and then add more as you go! Cumin is a nice seasoning that blends all the tastes together! Curry is very strong and can overkill the recipe. Just use a pinch of this!
- While the chicken is cooking, start prepping your veggies for the salad.
- Remember to flip your chicken every two minutes. This keeps it nice and juicy. Do this a few times, until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- I like to find the prettiest bowl I have in the house! This makes Instagram peeps happy!
- Next, add as much spinach or any other Salad combo you like to the bowl. I like to chop up some cilantro to add into the mix. But some people say cilantro tastes like soap. Again, you do you!
- Now start dicing your onion. I used a purple onion and diced them into small cubes.
- Then I took my tomato and cut them into slices. Then I cut each slice into 4ths.
- Next, I cut my avocado into chunks. If you do not know how to cut an avocado, I have a nifty tool you can buy in my shopping list! My friend swears by this thing!
- Now that all of your veggies are chopped, place them around your salad.
- Finally, take your chicken off the skillet, and lay them nicely on top of the salad.
- On the side, we had Balsamic vinaigrette. However, this salad will taste good with any dressing you prefer! My dad used greek cucumber dill dressing and loved it!
This shopping list is going to be a mix of things for the store, and things you can buy off amazon. I have found it really helpful to share my products I use for each recipe. This helps you become a better cook in the kitchen, and you can follow along with all of the steps.
Grocery store/Ingredients list
- Purple Onion
- Chicken Breast
- Cilantro- If you like this
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Garlic Powder
- Curry powder
Below is the Avocado slicer and skillet that will help with this meal!
I hope you all enjoyed this as much as I do!